Table of Contents
A home warranty is a contract between a homeowner and a home warranty company. The home warranty company agrees to pay for covered repairs or replacements to your home’s major appliances and systems, such as your furnace, air conditioner, water heater, and dishwasher.
There are many different home warranty companies available, and each one offers a different set of coverages and prices. Choice Home Warranty is one of the most popular home warranty companies in the United States. They offer a wide range of coverages, competitive prices, and excellent customer service.
In this guide, we will take a closer look at Choice Home Warranty. We will discuss their coverages, prices, customer service, and more. We will also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Choice Home Warranty.
What is Choice Home Warranty?
Choice Home Warranty is a home warranty company that was founded in 1992. They are headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, and they have over 25,000 affiliated contractors in the United States.
Choice Home Warranty offers a wide range of coverages, including:
- Appliances: Coverage for your refrigerator, oven, stove, dishwasher, microwave, washer, and dryer.
- HVAC: Coverage for your furnace, air conditioner, and water heater.
- Plumbing: Coverage for your plumbing fixtures, such as your faucets, toilets, and sinks.
- Electrical: Coverage for your electrical wiring and fixtures.
- Roofing: Coverage for leaks and damage to your roof.
- Structural: Coverage for damage to your home’s foundation, walls, and floors.
Read Also: What is Insurance and Why Do You Need It?
Pros and Cons of Choice Home Warranty
Some Pros and Cons of Choice Home Warranty are given below:
|Wide range of coverage options||Can be expensive|
|Good Reputation||Not all repairs are covered|
|24/7 claims service||Some homeowners have had difficulty with the claims process|
|60-day workmanship guarantee|
|90-day parts guarantee|
Choice Home Warranty Plans and Optional Coverage
Choice Home Warranty offers two main types of home warranty plans: Basic and Total. The Basic Plan covers a wide range of major appliances and home systems, while the Total Plan offers even more comprehensive coverage.
Here is a breakdown of the protection plan coverage options available under each plan:
|Covered Items||Total Plan||Basic Plan|
|Air Conditioning System||✓|
|Oven / Range / Stove||✓||✓|
|Garage Door Opener||✓||✓|
|Ceiling and Exhaust Fans||✓||✓|
Choice Home Warranty Optional Coverage
|Pool / Spa||Well Pump||Sump Pump|
|Central Vacuum||Limited Roof Leak||Septic System|
|Second Refrigerator||Stand Alone Freezer||Septic Tank Pumping|
How Much Does Choice Home Warranty Cost?
The cost of Choice Home Warranty plan varies depending on the size of your home, the coverage you choose, and your location. However, you can expect to pay between $300 and $600 per year for a basic plan.
What Are the Benefits of a Choice Home Warranty?
There are many benefits to having a Choice Home Warranty plan. Some of the benefits include:
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you’re covered in the event of a breakdown can give you peace of mind.
- Convenience: Choice Home Warranty will send a qualified contractor to your home to make repairs or replacements. You don’t have to worry about finding a contractor yourself.
- Cost savings: In the long run, a home warranty can save you money on repairs and replacements.
How to Choose a Home Warranty Company
If you’re considering getting a home warranty, there are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing a company. Here are a few tips:
- Compare coverages: Make sure the company you choose offers the coverages you need.
- Compare prices: Get quotes from several different companies before you make a decision.
- Read reviews: Read online reviews of different companies to see what other customers have to say.
Is Choice Home Warranty Worth It?
Whether or not Choice Home Warranty is worth it for you depends on a number of factors, including the age of your home, the value of your appliances and systems, and your budget.
If you have an older home with appliances and systems that are nearing the end of their lifespan, a home warranty can be a great way to protect yourself from unexpected repair costs. However, if you have a newer home with relatively new appliances and systems, a home warranty may not be worth the cost.
Ultimately, the best way to decide if a home warranty is right for you is to compare quotes from several different companies and weigh the pros and cons of each option.
Choice Home Warranty Reviews (June 2023)
Choice Home Warranty has received mixed reviews from customers. Some customers have been happy with the company’s service, while others have had problems with the claims process.
Here are some of the positive reviews for Choice Home Warranty:
- “I was very happy with the service I received from Choice Home Warranty. My refrigerator broke down and they sent a repairman out the same day. The repairman was very professional and the repair was done quickly and efficiently.”
- “I’ve had Choice Home Warranty for two years now and I’ve never had a problem with them. They’ve always been quick to send out a repairman and they’ve always covered the cost of the repairs.”
Here are some of the negative reviews that Choice Home Warranty has received:
- “I had a problem with my air conditioner and I called Choice Home Warranty. They told me that the repair wasn’t covered by my plan. I was very disappointed because I had paid for the extra coverage.”
- “I had a problem with my washing machine and I called Choice Home Warranty. They told me that I would have to pay a $75 service fee. I was very upset because I had never had to pay a service fee before.”
Overall, Choice Home Warranty seems to be a good option for homeowners who want peace of mind knowing that their appliances and home systems are covered in the event of a breakdown. However, the company can be expensive and not all repairs are covered. It is important to read the fine print before signing up for a plan.
Choice Home Warranty Customer Service
Choice Home Warranty has a 24/7 customer service line that is staffed by experienced representatives. The company also offers a mobile app that allows you to file claims and track the status of your repairs.
What are the coverage limits?
The coverage limits vary depending on the plan you choose. However, most plans have a maximum coverage limit of $3,000.
What are the deductibles?
The deductibles also vary depending on the plan you choose. However, most plans have a deductible of $50 or $100.
What is the waiting period?
There is a 10-day waiting period for most repairs. This means that you will not be covered for repairs that occur within the first 10 days of your policy being in effect.
What if I have a pre-existing condition?
Pre-existing conditions are not covered by most home warranty plans. However, some plans do offer limited coverage for pre-existing conditions.
How do I make a claim?
To make a claim, you will need to contact Choice Home Warranty customer service. They will walk you through the claims process and help you get the repairs you need.
Is choice home warranty a legitimate company?
Yes, Choice Home Warranty is a legitimate company. It has been in business for over 20 years and has a good reputation. The company is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has an A+ rating.
Can I transfer choice home warranty?
Yes, you can transfer Choice Home Warranty to a new home. However, there are some restrictions. For example, you can only transfer your warranty if the new home is of equal or greater value than your old home. You also need to make sure that the new home is in the same state as your old home.
What is the difference between home warranty and home insurance?
Home warranty and home insurance are two different types of coverage. A home warranty covers the repair or replacement of appliances and home systems that break down. Home insurance covers the cost of repairs or replacement of your home and its contents in the event of a covered loss, such as a fire, flood, or theft.
How many people have choice home warranty?
Choice Home Warranty has over 1 million customers. The company covers homes in all 50 states.
Where is choice home warranty?
Choice Home Warranty is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. The company has a network of over 25,000 affiliated contractors in the United States.
How is choice home warranty rated?
Choice Home Warranty has been rated by a number of independent organizations. The company has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot. Choice Home Warranty is also accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has an A+ rating.
Choice Home Warranty is a great option for homeowners who want peace of mind knowing that they’re covered in the event of a breakdown. They offer a wide range of coverages, competitive prices, and excellent customer service. If you’re considering getting a home warranty, Choice Home Warranty is a great option to consider.